Hampta Pass Trek Manali (Himachal Pradesh)
If you are planning for trekking and this is your first time then Hampta Pass is the trekking suggest for you. The Hampta Pass trek is located in Himachal Pradesh and the trekking starts from Manali. Trekking to Hampta Pass is possible in just five days.
So anyone can easily plan out a week for trekking and enjoy the utmost beauty of nature. Hampta Pass trek is one of the most awe-inspiring treks in the Kullu region of Himachal Pradesh.
The Hampta Pass offers breathtaking views of the two different sides of the Himalayas. On one side of the pass lies the lush green Kullu valley and on the other side is the stark opposite desert valley of Lahaul.
Himachal pradesh famous for trekking
Himachal Pradesh is home to a plethora of destinations whether it is about hill stations or trekking trails. Travelers and trekkers from across the world visit here to experience the glorious and serene environment and to make unforgettable memories in the lap of Himalayas.
Out of all trekking trails, Hampta Pass is one which is considered the perfect multi-day trek providing lush green views of Kullu valley and barren landscape views of Lahaul & Spiti Valley. Hampta Pass is considered one of the most popular treks in Himachal Pradesh. The trek span is 5 days which is perfect for long weekends.
Location of Hampta Pass Trek
Hampta Pass trek is one of the most beautiful trekking experience in Manali and Lahaul-Spiti valleys of Himachal Pradesh. This trek in Manali stands as a bridge that connects the Kullu Valley and Lahaul. Located amidst the long and beautiful Himalayas, Hampta Pass Trek stretches from an elevation of 8,000 ft to 14,000 ft.
The trek in Himachal starts from Jobra going through Chika, Hampta Pass and back to Manali via Rohtang Pass is Five-day trekking in Manali will be one of the most amazing treks to experience.
Thing To carry:-
- Trekking Shoes: You need good trekking shoes with good grip & ankle support. Do not carry sport shoes.
- Clothing: You need to have warm clothes with three-layer jackets, fleece or down feather jacket. Carry 1 or 2 full sleeves t-shirt. For lowers carry cotton pants suitable for the trek. Do no carry jeans or shorts for trekking.
- Thermals: Carry top and bottom thermals.
- Socks: Carry 2 – 3 pairs of sports socks along with woolen socks to be worn at night.
- Headlamp/Led Torch is mandatory
- Sunglasses: To protect from sunlight in snow you require UV rays protected sunglasses.
- Woolen Cap and Gloves are also necessary as the climate will be cold. Carry waterproof gloves as they get wet in snow.
- Lunchbox & Water bottle: Every participant should carry a lunch box and a water bottle of their own.
- Personal medication
- First aid kit
- Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that one doesn’t get wet.
- Mandatory Documents:
Medical Certificate (signed by a registered MBBS doctor)
NOC (No Objection Certificate) form (by the trekker)
Few important tips during the trek are:
- Drink plenty of fluids and stay hydrated.
- Eat regularly and eat light. Carry chocolate bars, chewing gum and have them regularly in the journey to avoid tiredness.
- Strictly avoid intake of alcohol.
- Have garlic to increase oxygen capacity. Take ginger water.
- Try to sleep at lower altitudes.
- Ascend the mountain gradually.
Near Places to visit during Hampta Pass Trek-
The temple is the heart of Manali. It has a small Sanctorum and deity, but very popular with tourists and locals alike. During winters the temple completely gets covered by snow, which gives a splendid view. The quiet and friendly environment will make you fall in love with it.
Rohtang Pass is one of the most adventurous parts for trekking in Himachal located at a distance of 9.2 km from Hampta Pass. Avid trekkers should not miss this while trekking the Hampta Pass Trek. Rohtang Pass is at an altitude of 13,000 ft is covered with snow most of the time. Beas Kund the source of Beas river is also located at Rohtang Pass and is one of the most amazing sites to see.
Malana located at a distance of 15.3 km from Hampta Pass Trek is a beautiful, uninhabited village amidst the Deo Tibba and Chandrakhani peaks. One should definitely visit the place to witness the serene beauty while trekking in Himachal.